This week was exciting because we revealed a new look for RetireHappy. Some of the changes you will see is a new logo, more pages and a new look. It’s a work in progress so stay tuned for more changes to come in the weeks ahead. Not all the changes are just cosmetic . . . we are really working to improve all aspects of the site for you.
This Week I Wrote:
- On Monday I answered the question: Variable or Fixed Rate Mortgage: Which Is Better?
- On Tuesday Sarah stressed Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway!
- On Wednesday, I wrote about how Psychology Plays A Big Role When It Comes To Saving Money at Balance Junkie
- On Thursday Scott helped you go about Understanding Long Term Care Insurance.
- Thanks to Deanne Gage for sharing my insights on budgeting and investing in Today’s Parent Magazine
Other Great Reads:
- This week MoneySense discussed High Interest Savings Accounts at Discount Brokers.
- The Canadian Personal Finance Blog wants to help you delve into the Financial Skeletons in the Closet?
- The Blunt Bean Counter discusses money and success and wonders if they are related
- There’s lot of travel time still this year and that’s why Boomer and Echo wants to make sure you know these 5 Things to Consider When Choosing Travel Insurance.
- The Globe and Mail had a great article on why active managers are not worth the cost
- This week the Canadian Financial DIY Blog asked that when it comes to Socially Responsible Funds: Who’s Got It Right – RBC or iShares?
- RESPs are complicated but that’s why The Passive Income Earner wrote a post all about RESP or No RESP?
- Most of us are less financially savvy than we think. In fact, according to Before You Invest, 2 in 5 Canadians Failed the General Investment Knowledge Test. Can you pass it?
- Speaking of finance knowledge, Invest It Wisely wants to help you pass on that knowledge which is why they shared How to Get Kids Interested in Money and Investing.
- This week the Canadian Mortgage Trends site compared Mortgage Markets – U.S. vs. Canada. You may be surprised by the comparison.
- My Own Advisor can’t stress enough: Don’t Be An Idiot, Get A Will Already.