I spent the week in Miami, Florida and as much as the conference I was invited to was wonderful, the highlight of the week was golfing at the Doral Golf Resort which plays host to the Cadillac Championship. The day was hot and humid, I was in great company (Tom, Peter and Dave), the course was in great shape and it was the first time (and probably last time) we had our very own caddy (thanks Jack).
This picture is the bridge of champions where many greats like Phil Mickelson, Ernie Els and Tiger Woods have crossed as the winner of the Cadillac Championship. I can now say I walked across that bridge after shooting a 49 on the front nine and finishing the round with a respectable 98. I spent a lot of time in the sand that day using a Blunt Bean Counter ball given to me by my friend Mark Goodfield. I kept that same ball for the whole round until it went into the water at 18. All in all it was a great experience!
This Week I Wrote:
- On Monday I asked you Is Freedom 35 Possible?
- On Tuesday Sarah discussed the importance of Knowing the Purpose of Money.
- On Wednesday our guest poster, Miranda Marquit, shared 5 Reasons to Pay Off Your Debt ASAP.
- I also posted an article on Actual Wealth vs Perceived Wealth over at Balance Junkie
Other Great Reading This Week:
- This week Gail Vaz-Oxlade talked about why you need to Plan Your Funeral.
- Speaking of funerals, Your Money answers the question: Without a Will, What Happens to Your Debt When You Die?
- The Canadian Finance Blog revealed some interesting information about How Healthy Living Leads to Saving Money.
- Speaking of saving money, the Canadian Personal Finance Blog shared the Ten Things I Have Said That Have Saved Me Money.
- If you’ve been meaning to get a loan lately, you’ll want to read this week’s post by the Financial Highway that gives some great tips on How to Get a Personal Loan.
- This week Boomer and Echo discussed a touchy subject with their article on The Many Forms of Employee Theft.
- The Passive Income Earner talked about the growing trend of Shorting Mortgage Lenders.
- The Canadian Personal Finance blog wants to help parents teach their children about finances so they wrote their post on, Financial Literacy – Why Is It So Important.
- Crowdfunding is a big trend nowadays, which is why Thirty Six Months wants to know, Can You Profit From the Crowdfunding Fever?
- Credit Cards CA wants to help you with your Credit Education – Start with the Basics.