It’s been a tough week not only because I had 4 days of teaching workshops but more because my Macbook Air stopped working Monday morning. It’s covered under warranty but It’s been in the shop all week getting fixed. I’ve managed to get by using my old laptop and thankfully I have all my documents on dropbox. This week I have come to realize how dependent and addicted I am to computers. How about you?
This Week I Wrote:
- On Saturday, I wrote about Your home as a financial asset over at the Edmonton Journal
- On Monday I explained how A Trust Can Reduce Income Taxes.
- I wrote my fist post at Balance Junkie this week, Do Gas Prices Go Up Before Long Weekends?
- I also wrote my last regular post at Canadian Finance Blog on the importance of financial literacy
- On Wednesday I asked Are You Protected from Financial Disaster?
- On Thursday I shared a guest post from Donna McCaw about Traveling in Retirement: Seeing the World.
Other Great Reading This Week:
- This week Rob Carrick shares some great advice Once Again: Pay Down Your Debts Before Rates Rise.
- Invest it wisely has a great article on whether you should convert your variable rate mortgage.
- Donna McCaw also wrote a great post on her own blog this week that discusses why there are New Relationship Minefields Ahead.
- If you’re thinking of hiring a financial adviser, you’ll want to read this article by CBC News that tells you 5 Things to Check When Hiring a Financial Adviser.
- This week Million Dollar Journey gave lots of advice in post, A Primer on Rental Lease Agreements.
- Along the same lines, the Canadian Capitalist explains why Owning Too Much Real Estate May Not Be Prudent.
- The Canadian Finance Blog investigates the Cost of Commuting – Driving versus Transit versus Cycling.
- Want a bush-up on basic investing skills? This week the Financial Highway discusses Investing in Bonds an Overview.
- This week Group Benefits Online revealed why Insurance Companies Offer the Best Group Retirement Plans.
- The Canadian Couch Potato wrote a humorous post that discusses Why Daily Market Commentary Is a Joke.
Thanks to everyone for including me in their weekly roundups
- Interesting links from Million Dollar Journey
- Friday Links from Canadian Finance Blog
- Weekly Review from Financial Highway
- What’s new around the blogosphere from Boomer and Echo
- Short takes from Micheal James on Money
- Weekend Reading from My Own Advisor