For quite some time now, I have been part of the Alberta Primetime Money Panel. For those of you that have never seen the show, Alberta Primetime is a daily current affairs show airing weeknights from 7pm MST to 8pm MST. Airing across Alberta on CTV Two Alberta, Alberta Primetime drills through the surface of current issues to explore the ideas and concerns of Albertans.
Every Monday, the Money Panel is hosted by Jennifer Martin. Once or twice a month, I get to share my thoughts and opinions on some of the most current financial issues. This week, we covered high cash balances of corporations and whether they should put that to work, the continuing growth of debt and how to get money out of RESPs. Check out the show here.
This Week I Wrote:
- On Money I wrote an Online Guide to Leverage (Borrowing to Invest).
- On Tuesday Sarah asked How Is Your Money Personality Impacting Your Finances?
- On Thursday my newest writer, Scott Wallace, wrote his introduction: Introducing Scott Wallace to Retire Happy.
Other Great Reads This Week:
- This week the Million Dollar Journey discussed the 5 Lessons Learned as a First Time Home Buyer.
- If you’re considering the purchase of mutual funds, you’ll want to read Canadian Finance’s post that answers the questions, Are Mutual Funds Ever Worth It?
- The Canadian Couch Potato talk about some big news in the financial world in their article on how BMO Takes on the Big Boys.
- Downsizing your life and home can come at many different times in your life, which is why the Canadian Personal Finance blog wants to know if you’re thinking about Downsizing, When?
- This week Michael James on Money examines Inflation’s Effect on Mortgages. You may be surprised by how large it is.
- Boomer and Echo explains Why A Fiduciary Standard For Investment Advisors Is Needed In Canada.
- Many financial strategies can be seen in sports as well, which is why Young and Thrifty talks about Where Does Active Management Work Best? Fantasy Football.
- This week the Passive Income Earner spoke honestly about his Kids and Money: The Bank Card Introduction.
- Give Me Back My Five Bucks posted an intriguing infographic that describes Gen Y in the Workplace.
- My Own Advisor wants to make sure you see Why Now is Probably the Wrong Time to Shift Your Equities to Bonds.