The highlight of my week was watching my son play with 4 of the ladies from the Bronze Medal winning Canadian Soccer Team from the 2012 London Olympics – Christine Sinclair, Karina LeBlanc, Diana Matheson, and Rhian Wilkinson. He was a little nervous off the start because the session was 90% girls and only 10% boys but once he got playing he quickly immersed into the game he loves to play. He got autographs, a new shirt, pictures with the Olympic Medalists and even a new soccer ball. At the end of the event, Robbie said “That was pretty cool dad. I think I did pretty good against all the older girls. Even Christine Sinclair said she was impressed with my moves.”
This Week I Wrote:
- On Monday I helped you decide between TFSA or RRSP: A Case Study.
- On Tuesday I shared a wonderful video resource, my 2013 Online RRSP Guide: Helping You With RRSPs.
- I also wrote about a real life example on Finding Financial Balance at Balance Junkie
- On Wednesday Sarah wants you to Make Yourself Accountable!
- On Thursday Donna wrote a wonderful post to help you create A Happy Retirement.
- My new Edmonton Journal article this week is about when renting is better than owning
Other Great Reads:
- Million Dollar Journey talks about the 7 Steps to Determine Your Optimal RRSP/TFSA Contribution Strategy.
- The Canadian Finance Blog tackled a common question with their post, Should You Automate Your Finances?
- Canadian Couch potato talks about the emotions of investing and how scary investing can be sometimes
- Group Benefits Online shared the New Financial Planning Data for 2013. Just what you need to plan for this year.
- Speaking of finances, Before You Invest helps this week with Cracking the Code on Mutual Fund Fees.
- The markets are in a lot of swing right now, which is why the Canadian Couch Potato shed some light on the feeling that the markets are Scary When They’re Down, Scary When They’re Up.
- Brighter Life explained the truth behind, Here’s What Youth Unemployment is Costing Us. You’ll be surprised by the answer.
- This week the Passive Income Earner helped answer the question of whether you should Pay Your Mortgage or Invest It?
- The Canadian Mortgage Trends blog discussed some very helpful Mortgage Insurance Insights from Genworth.
- When it comes to life insurance, Riscario Insider explained The Best and Worst Times to Cancel Your Life Insurance.
- This week the Money Gardener shared a few tips in case you Need Cash for Your Business? Consider a Merchant Cash Advance.