For a lot of people, the new year is about making resolutions. Personally, I am all for setting goals but I’m not much of a resolution guy because I set goals throughout the year. For me this new year has been an opportunity to get organized and get a bunch of things crossed off my ‘to do list’. The year is only 4 days old and I’ve got 12 things crossed off my to do list. Does that mean I can coast for the rest of the year?
This Week I Wrote
- On Sunday, I wrote about the different types of fees in Group Retirement plans
- On Monday I explained why you should Make Some Financial Resolutions for the New Year.
- I also shared my customer service experiences over the holidays
- On Tuesday Sarah wrote all about Getting Creative About Creating Money.
- On Thursday Cathy showed you how to Review Your Finances for a New Beginning.
Other Great Reads
- This week the Canadian Finance Blog listed 4 Money Moves for the Coming Year. How many will you employ?
- Gail Vaz-Oxlade shared some wonderful advice for parents about Raising Savers.
- Moolanomy wrote an in-depth article about How to Live Frugally in B.C.
- The Canadian Personal Finance Blog posted their own new year’s financial resolutions this week in their post on Respecting Financial Resolutions.
- Speaking of finances, Boomer and Echo created a Monthly Financial Planning Checklist just for you.
- This week the Canadian Couch Potato shared one of their very popular series, Ask the Spud: Do I Have Enough for a DRIP?
- In case you were keeping track of the 2012 stock picking contest, The Passive Income Earner shared the 2012 Stock Picking Contest Results.
- Modest Money gave out some sage advice this week in their post on Cutting Recurring Costs to Save Money.
- If you’ve been looking for a good video on investing, Andrew Hallam gives his review of Passive Investing, The Evidence The Fund Management Industry Would Prefer You Not To See – A Documentary On Evidence Based Investing With Index Funds.
- This week Michael James on Money gave some easy investor advice when it comes to Investor Skiing.