This week I found out that another book project I have been working on is going live. The Beginner’s Guide to Saving and Investing for Canadians is a primer for those just getting started with saving and investing. No complicated technical treatments, just 100 pages of easy to understand guidance on saving and investing. This book is especially unique because I shared the writing with some of the best bloggers in Canada including Krystal Yee, Canadian Capitalist, Frugal Trader and Glenn Cooke. We were lucky to have Dan Bortolotti do all of the editing. to learn more about the book, visit www.savingandinvestingbook.ca
This Week I Wrote:
- On Monday I shared the news that Too Many Canadians Have No Will.
- On Tuesday I posted over at Balance Junkie on whether we have control over our financial future
- On Wednesday, I featured one of my articles on Investment decisions using behavioral finance
Other Great Reads This Week:
- This week Money Sense explains why, for many reasons, Stock Picking Isn’t for You.
- The Canadian Couch Potato wants to reassure investors with A Homemade Principal-Protected Note.
- There are many different retirement styles and that’s why the Financial Post wants to know What Retirement Style Do You Want?
- The AAAMP blog wants to make sure you’re not falling into a trap with their post on Are Your Investment Returns Suffering From Over Diversification?
- This week Rick Ferri’s blog is all about Star Fund Managers and Flame-Out Rates.
- SquawkFox wrote a no-holds-barred post this week that makes you realize The Real Reason You’re Broke. It’s definitely not what you think.
- If you’re having trouble sticking with your budget, you’ll want to see what BudgetVersity has to share about The Real Reason You Fail At Budgeting.
- This week Retire by 40 wants to help you Prioritize Your Spending to ensure you not only stick to your budget but have money for the summer.
- The Globe and Mail released some frightening news this week that the Outlook for Hiring Hits Two-Year Low.
- If you’re feeling that your house is a bit cramped, Brighter Life wants to help you crunch the numbers when deciding whether you should Move or Renovate?