I’m on the road again to the Great White North where it’s really white but not as cold as my last trip. I’ve met a lot of great people this trip and especially some young financially motivated adults. It’s been refreshing talking to some 18 to 25 year olds who are keenly interested in developing good financial habits.
Being born and raised in Edmonton, I’ve seen a few Northern lights here and there but those really picturesque versions are supposed to be up north. I’ve been coming up to the Yukon and Northwest Territories quite a bit and keep looking for the beautiful Northern lights everyone talks about but they continue to hide while I am here.
This Week I Wrote:
- I started the week with an analysis of the Air Miles Rewards Program
- On Monday I discussed The Money Rules and the Gail Movement!
- On Tuesday Sarah shared her advice on Personal Finances for Couples.
- On Wednesday I posted a guest post all about CPP for the Over 65 and the Still Working.
- On Wednesday I revealed the fact that More Canadians Plan to Work Past 65.
- On Thursday Scott listed the Important Retirement Questions to Think About.
Other Great Reads:
- RBC shuts down the Ally High Interest Bank account and creates lot of unhappy savers.
- Kevin Press shares his take on Sun Life’s new Unretirement Index
- Canadian Couch Potato explains why some mutual funds still have a place on the investment shelf.
- My Own Advisor walk through a personal financial stress test
- H&R Block explains why we can’t deduct mortgage interest on our home
- CBC News wrote about Federal Employees Making House Calls as Part of EI Audit.
- Million Dollar Journey shares their Energy Efficient Programs/Financial Incentives in Ontario.
- The Canadian Capitalist shared A Look at the Performance of the BMO Covered Call Canadian Banks ETF (ZWB).
- Canadian Finance Blog wrote an in-depth piece on Your Perceived Investment Risk Tolerance Profile.
- Money Smarts delved into another RRSP Myth – Retirement Income Has To Be Lower For RRSP Benefit.
- The Financial Blogger gives out some great advice in his post on The Art of Hustle for Parents of Lazy 20-Somethings.
- The Dividend Ninja discussed their opinions on Canada’s Oil Discount: Opportunity and Risk.
- With the price of education going up, Young and Thrifty posted the question, Is Post-Secondary Schooling STILL a Good Investment?