Retire Happy did it again . . . it was nominated for the second year in a row as one of the best personal finance blog on retirement. These nominations come from my peers (other personal finance bloggers) which is very flattering. I’m up against some great competition (Financial Mentor, Good Financial Cents, Mr. Money Mustache and last year’s winner Retire By 40) so it will be interesting to see who is announced as the winner on September 6th at the Financial Blogger Conference in Denver. Congrats to all the nominees! Visit the Plutus Awards site to see all the finalists in all categories.
On with this weeks reading . . .
This Week I Wrote:
- On Monday I shared with you several Options to Reduce Debt Before Retirement.
- On Tuesday Sarah discussed how to go about Setting S.M.A.R.T. Financial Goals.
- On Wednesday Cathy explained why Life Insurance is the Foundation of Your Financial Life.
- I also wrote about unconventional life insurance tips over at Balance Junkie this week
Other Great Reads This Week:
- This week the Canadian Finance Blog discussed how to Boost Your Earnings by Getting Promoted.
- The Financial Blogger wrote an interesting post this week that talks about why Whole Life Insurance Sucks…And the Reason Why We Have One!
- If you want financial advice, you’ll want to read this post by Boomer and Echo that looks into Fee Only Financial Planner Vs. Commission Based Advisor.
- The Canadian Financial DIY blog wants to make sure you know that When a Broker Goes Bankrupt Your Securities May Not Be Yours to Take.
- This week the Group Benefits Online site explains the pros and cons of Converting Group Life Insurance.
- If you’re contemplating joining a start-up, this article by Brighter Life is a must read since it covers the Four Questions Before You Join That Start-Up.
- This week the Canadian Dream Free at 45 discusses The Wonder of Marginal Utility.
- Nowadays we have so many options and that’s why the Sustainable Personal Finance blog asks, Which Is the Greener Option – Shopping Online or Shopping at the Store?
- Due to the bank crisis, Canadian Mortgage Trends wrote a post on The BoCs Cote On Risk & Household Debt.
- Michael James on Money shows you how to go about Getting an Early RRSP Tax Refund.