Happy Post Valentines Day! My kids are now at the age where it’s fun to plan a valentines surprise for mom together. Robbie says let’s get mom flowers. Connor wants to get mom her favourite Cinnamon Buns, Jason wants to wake up early and bring mom breakfast in bed. Little Brandon wants to buy lots of Candy. In the end, mom got all four surprises except for breakfast in bed. The five of us slept in so mom made us heart shaped waffles!
This Week I Wrote:
- On Saturday, I posted a guest post to help you answer the question, Do You Have the Right Home Insurance?
- On Sunday, I shared a historical view of the stock markets with data dating back to 1938.
- On Monday, I shared an article that helps you decide What Is Your Personal Rate of Return?
- On Tuesday, Sarah showed you how to Celebrate Your Financial Accomplishments.
- On Wednesday, I reminded you that the RRSP Deadline is Fast Approaching.
Other Great Reads:
- This week Balance Junkie posted their review of Turbo Tax 2012 review.
- The Million Dollar Journey revealed their Case Study: Figuring Out Your Optimal RRSP/TFSA Contribution.
- Rick Ferri looks back into the past and realized some things don’t change in the investment industry.
- Rob Carrick wrote a great article on beating OAS Clawback
- Million Dollar Journey shares a technical approach to optimizing the TFSA/RRSP split.
- The Canadian Finance Blog divulged some great advice this week with their post for those who Want Good Investment Value? Try Fundamental Analysis.
- If you’re in the market to sell your home, you will want to read this article by Money Smarts that tackles the question, Should I Have an Open House When Selling My House?
- Speaking of houses, the Financial Highway shared the Advantages of Renting a Home Instead of Owning.
- This week the Canadian Couch Potato released a very in-depth post where they took an investment option Under the Hood: Vanguard FTSE Canadian Capped REIT (VRE).
- Gas prices keep going up and that’s why Boomer and Echo listed out 20 Tips to Save on Gas.
- The Dividend Ninja helps you answer the question this week, In What Account Should I Hold U.S. Dividend Stocks?
- This week the Passive Income Earner continued their series on the Dividend Round: Preferred Shares Anyone?
- Michael James on Money might get in a bit of trouble for revealing that when it comes to the Globe and Mail, they’re sharing a Broken Retirement Calculator.