Back on January 23, 2011, I launched the New Retire Happy Blog and now 2 years later, the site continues to hit record levels. Every month, traffic grows, comments grow, new subscribers grow, the number of writers grow and social media exposure grows.
I want to take this moment to thank my team of writers including Donna McCaw, Sarah Yetkiner, Cathy Leahy, and Scott Wallace for your contributions. I also want to welcome Wayne Rothe and Doug Runchey as the two newest contributors who you will hear from more at Retire Happy.
I also want to thank my business partner Tom Drake for handling all of the technical parts of the site. I so appreciate the work that you do!
And finally, I want to thank you, my readers, for contributing to the success of RetireHappy.ca. This site would be nothing without my loyal readers! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
This Week I Wrote:
- On Monday I reviewed A Young Person’s Guide to Financial Empowerment.
- On Tuesday Sarah explained Getting Your Debt Snowball Rolling.
- On Wednesday we were pleased to Welcome Wayne Rothe to Retire Happy.
Other Great Reads:
- This week on The Globe and Mail, Rob Carrick explained why Overdraft Protection: Rising Fees Should Cause a Rethink for Consumers.
- A must read article from the Reformed Broker on one of the biggest misconceptions of the investment industry
- We’ve all been here but the Canadian Finance Blog shared their story about the frustration of Paying for Poor Customer Service.
- Study from BMO shows Retirees are a pretty happy bunch
- Larry Swedroe continues to make the argument that Active managers keep losing
- The Blunt Bean Counter gives some great tips on how to help your accountant out at tax time
- Money Smarts shared the Best Canadian High Interest Savings Rate for Ally Replacement.
- The Canadian Couch Potato revealed Why GICs Beat Bond ETFs in Taxable Accounts.
- Boomer and Echo listed out the biggest 5 Misconceptions About Retirement Planning.
- This week the Passive Income Earner weighed the pros and cons of Preferred Shares or Common Shares.
- It’s nearly tax time and that’s why the Dividend Ninja wrote a post about the Canadian Dividends and the Dividend Tax Credit.
- Before You Invest kicked off March with their article: March is Fraud Prevention Month.
- This week My Own Advisor looks at some big Questions for Financial Experts and Their RRSP Game Plans.
- Invest It Wisely gave out advice on Handling the Uncertainty of Self-Employment.