Sorry for the late post of this week’s Best of Blogs. It was an extremely busy week with 1 workshop and 3 Keynote presentations. Most of my work has been with our retirement planning workshop given the aging baby boomers but this week, my Take Control of Money presentation put me in front of a broader audience and it is encouraging to see more interest from a younger demographic wanting to learn about money and personal finance.
This Week’s Articles:
- On Monday I shared my review of the great book, The Wealthy Barber Returns.
- On Tuesday I wrote a post that shows you How to Work with Your Financial Advisors Better.
Other Great Reading this Week:
- This week the Globe and Mail shared the 6 Personal Traits That Will Give You More Influence at Work.
- The Canadian Couch Potato released a new book. Moneysense: Guide to the Perfect Portfolio looks to be a great read.
- Have you been wondering what retirement really costs? This week Morning Star explained the difficulty of Discerning the True Cost of Retirement.
- Tavia Grant wrote a great post about the epidemic of Canadians Holding Off Retirement.
- This week the Canadian Capitalist asked Where are the Financial Plans? A look at different sources for your plans.
- Canadian Dream – Free at 45 wrote a very interesting post this week entitled, I Won’t Let Money Ruin My Life.
- If you’re a parent, you will enjoy this article by Canadian Finance Blog. Want Your Kids to Manage Money Well? Teach Them!
- The Globe and Mail shared an excerpt from the book, Fuse, this week. The excerpt discusses the Top 12 Workplace Myths Misunderstood by All Generations.
- The Wealthy Canadian suggests you look at investing in what you consume